In connection with the growing literacy in beauty, people gradually realize that a superficial impact is not enough; an integrated approach is needed from the inside; when the body is healthy, the appearance pleases with beauty. And people are increasingly starting to turn to labels, including the composition of various creams and shampoos. They understand that shampoo for 20 krones cannot provide hair health.
Of course, for initially healthy hair that was not affected by dyes and heat treatment, it is customary to use such care without losing shine and healthy hair if one uses the shampoo once a week.
But most women want to look new and periodically do various deep procedures that spoil the hair structure, increasing porosity, and appearance. And for such hair, a careful and competent approach is important.
One of the building blocks of healthy hair is a professional shampoo. But even many shampoos contain water and sodium laureth sulfate or lauryl sulfate, abbreviated as SLS and SLES. Should it be scary? Let's look at what SLS and SLES are and are they dangerous for the hair structure?
Sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) is a surfactant added to many products ranging from toothpaste and shampoo, soap, and laundry detergent to car and window cleaners. Unfortunately, SLS and SLES are sodium salts of lauryl sulfonic acid, cheap, and caustic ingredients. SLS is used to increase the effectiveness of the product's cleansing action and create a richer lather, which consumers equate to efficacy.
What is the danger of SLS?
- For the scalp: when applied to the scalp, it has an oxidizing effect that causes irritation, flaking, itching, and even redness. Therefore, some people may experience dryness and slight itching after washing their hair.
- For balance: a strong degreasing effect dries out the ends of the hair, making it more brittle and split ends, and the roots of the hair more oily. Hair has to be washed more often, which negatively affects the tips. Also, when it enters the porous structure of the hair, SLS makes holes in the hair even more significant, due to which the hair becomes fragile and lifeless.
What is the advantage of shampoos without SLS and SLES?
- Hair does not get oily at the roots, the tips do not dry, which allows you to wash your hair less often
- It doesn't destroy the hair structure and doesn't increase porosity
- It doesn't just cover the hair with an aggressive soap formulation but gently cleanses, which allows the hair color and procedures (for example, straightening or treatment) to last even longer
- Carefully and gently prepares for further care and application of the mask
- Does not harm the hair
- It makes hair smoother, shiny, and manageable at the cellular level.
Progress does not stand still, and even shampoos without SLES and SLS are modernized. Many people are already thinking about the internal health of the hair, and they understand that shampoo plays an important role in hair health.
Our recommendation is to use a sensible schedule: a deep cleansing no more often than once a week. It is advisable to use mild shampoos without SLS/SLES to avoid washing the hair layer and valuable proteins out of the hair.
We have a new "Daily hair care and styling" products series without SLS/SLES. These products are very gentle to your hair. Soon we will have new hair care products for daily use.
We look forward to bringing you the luxury products from Italy.